Monday, August 2, 2021

Starting At The End

We are home from our summer vacation. Isn't coming home wonderful? To me it's the most wonderful part of a trip. 

I love how I see my home with different eyes. 

I literally walk around saying, "oh, I love the bare wood floors in here..." "these dishes up here look a bit too cluttered, I need to take those down..." 

I always do a big clean the day before we are leaving and literally do laundry the same morning so the laundry basket is as empty as can be. I love coming home to clean floors, bathrooms, and 'week ago' dusted house. 

I took these pictures the first full day we were home. This is our mud room. From September til June it is filled with backpacks (minus Anna's this fall), my school bag (s!) ... but in the summer I love to decorate the bench a bit. 

I chose another summer, easy, breezy, farmy look just like my living room. (that post back here) In fact, this print in the mudroom is the print I bought to enlarge to the canvas. 

I'm holding on to summer as long as I can. I love Autumn oh so much but I'm not ready for the school early 5 am alarm at all! 

So for now, summer it is... 






1 comment:

  1. I agree, coming home is the best part and your home is a dream. I always spend the next day after arriving home fluttering around rearranging and making it as cozy as possible.

    ReplyDelete