Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Adoption Day

Well as I was blogging all of those Alaska days regular life was going on here - and regular life in mid August is pretty wonderful. It's a lot of relaxing, our little daily routines, and just getting my big toe dipped into the water of teaching again. I've been in the classroom here and there - now actually it's time to get really in there - my list for back to school is growing!

But this day was a tender, special day. August 16, 2004 was the day we adopted Anna and when that calendar day rolls around we just love it. More than a birthday, hard to describe, it's bitter sweet, and warm, and we love it.

Anna got her braces off that morning. She had invisalign so it wasn't that big of a deal (since no one even knew she had braces) But her teeth look amazing and I'm happy she doesn't have to deal with those liners anymore. I love that her orthodontist makes such a big deal out of it - there was music playing and he wore a head light - there were presents and balloons and fancy donuts!  Made me want to get some braces for myself.

2

3

4

Since were were in town we spent some time in the toy store just meandering around.

1

The afternoon was relaxing at home.

5

There were a few gifts that afternoon and flowers from daddy.

6

7

8

9

We went out to dinner and just loved recognizing this very special day for our family.

5

Wasn't this yesterday?  Oh please don't let another five years go by...



1 comment:

  1. Happy Happy Special Day in your home, sweet Tara!
    Anna is a blessing, and blesses as well.

    ReplyDelete