Friday, December 15, 2017

15 Minutes of Christmas

095E2DB1-A77B-4CF6-AD31-200001EBF30E

So this week blogging sorta fell off my list. I didn't take the photos I could have, wanted to, wish I did.

But I had a killer, rock solid, amazing math lesson today.

Way back in September when I was feeling my most overwhelmed with my teaching (and going back to the classroom) Scott (my own husband who happens to be a principal) told me that if I could just make it to Columbus day in October, I'd feel like everything fell into place. Well Colombus day came and went and by then there were some days that felt really good. But I still didn't feel like I was teaching every day just like I wanted to.

Well, I'm here to report that TODAY was my Colombus day. Today I felt alllll day long like the teacher in me came out. I was just like I used to be all of those years ago, except more. More me, if that makes any sense. I don't want to be that 29 year old teacher. I have new ideas, and new feeling in me, newness about teaching each CHILD in front of me and not just the curriculum.

I love the curriculum that I am privilidegd to teach but I love the children more. I am blessed.

Reading this post on another blog a few years ago I would have rolled my eyes. I hate to admit but I might have judged. Because how could you give so much to your classroom and be the mama you need to be for your family?

Somehow, with God's grace it works. I can feel His love, His strength each day. I know I'm doing the right thing for me, for my 2 precious daughters, for my little family each day. God is doing something really good and I know He's only scratched the surface.

So here are a few 15 minutes of Christmas moments this week.

I sat under the Christmas lights and wrote out all of my envelopes. That was Christmasy.

And even more Christmasy was dropping them off at the post office with the snow fluttering down. (It has snowed about every other day and it's magical)

C4B78E7F-6312-42FF-94A3-5CD41B3A7F33

I planned a lot for school at night and am finally getting around to changing a few bulletin boards in my classroom but there's always tea in jammies not matter how busy I am.

AB76A543-E5CE-4FBA-B209-82C09953F014

It's hard to believe that this is the last week before Christmas. SO hard to believe. It almost feels strange how calm I feel. More that when I had 'all the time in the world' and was at home. I'm ready for this Christmas. All of the presents are bought and most are wrapped. We plan on baking this weekend and next. Santa is on our list and a favorite restaurant for this weekend. Maybe, just maybe, not being home has taught me that my moments, my evenings, my weekends that are home are so so precious. And I soak them in even more.

Have a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same Life is Good shirt!!! I LOVE IT! Tell her we are twinning! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to comment that!
    Madison has that same shirt!
    And Tara, I never once doubted that you would flourish in your new role as mommy/wife/teacher!!!
    And...may I just add...you are WAY ahead of me!
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete