Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Family Work Night

Every year I intend on taking pictures of the stages of getting a classroom up and running. You know, from that first walk in since the last day of school... all of the floors are shiny with floor wax and the desk are in one huge pile stacked to the ceiling in the middle of the classroom... to a welcoming 'home' by the first day of school.

And every year I don't. 

Because when I am in my classroom to work, I'm on a mission to get it done, not to take pictures. 

So gosh! Another year without the 'before pics'.  -  but still wanting to document our family and our life. 

Last night after dinner we all hopped in the car and headed to my school for what I called 'family work night'. There is no one there at that time so I can get a LOT done in one hour with the four of us working! 



The girls worked and put name labels on all of the spiral notebooks, composition notebooks, folders, and they filed them in their boxes. 

I ran around the room and did odd jobs while Scott did some heavy lifting for me. 

It's coming -- not even close to being ready for Monday afternoon 'meet and greet' when I get to meet my newest fourth graders -- but it will be ready by then. 

I'm a 'short burst' worker. I still love and hang on to our routine in the summer up until the very last day so I only go in after dinner if it fits -- it sure is great to be year seven in fourth grade!  

And so grateful for my family for all of their support in getting a classroom up and running! 



No comments:

Post a Comment