Saturday, November 5, 2022

Happy Little Piles

I love organizing and I must say it is a strength for me. One thing that brings me oh so much joy is organizing seasonal clothes for my girls and I. Waaaaay before a holiday or a season or a trip (this pile was getting ready for Family Weekend at Holy Cross) 



I start taking things out and getting it all set. 

Here are a few things I like to do: 

1. Take out what we wore last year. Now, Anna and I can still wear what we wore last year but for Abigail who is still growing I pull out last years clothes for a holiday and she tries them all on. If it's a "little small" but still doable, we put in the pile. If it's too small I pack it up for a friend who has a little girl. 

2. I take out anything I bought on clearance at the end of a season/holiday the year before. I always try to get Abigail a size up and Anna and I the same size. 

3. Now if it's one simple holiday (like Abigail's picture here on Halloween/fall clothing) then I keep it all together for her to pull from. 


If it's Christmas -- well that's a whole different thing! I tend to group things into categories:

  • what are we wearing on Christmas Day
  • what was last years Christmas Day that can be now worn for a fancy dinner or concert
  • what are the simple tees/shirts/sweaters they can pull from any day all season long
  • what am I saving for a certain event
Sometimes I have to order a few things (usually a dress for Abigail) For example, last year I bought Anna and I dresses right after Christmas was over, but there was nothing for Abigail on sale so I waited until this year. 

In this pile on Anna's bed are school clothes, Christmas Day dresses, clothes for teaching and school for the girls, pajamas for watching movies in, there are nightgowns hanging for Christmas morning, even reindeer socks! All set and ready to go! 








I love to be organized and I love to have all of the seasonal/holiday piles out to be ready to go for the girls everyday, for our special occasions, for all of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment