Monday, November 28, 2022

Being the Conductor of Beauty

I count it a full joy that I get to be the conductor of beauty in our home - in our family - in our relationships. It is actually something that brings me great joy. 

As the conductor of beauty means that I try to bring beauty into our days. I also try to make a time when I can get together with each of my precious ones by themselves. 

To take that time is maybe the best gift we can give to one another during the season. 

When I have one on one time with those that I love my my little family I get to talk about God and his goodness when it's appropriate - when I can just salt in a few words here and there because he is the light and the goodness. 

I believe in cherishing joy - placing pleasure into the difficulties of life is the way that we become artists of light and beauty. 

Just as God paints a sunrise and sunset with beauty to remind us he is still there, we can cast in the midst of the darkest light color and beauty for our family. 

It's so important to have those uninterrupted times where no one has access to you to spend with that person you love and that you want to validate. 

So this past Thanksgiving weekend Anna and I crept out really early in the morning before anyone was up to have a special tea time and breakfast together.

We went to Dom's European style coffee shop and we shared a wonderful breakfast sandwich and a cranberry scone. We each enjoyed an Apple Pie Chai (tea). So so delicious. I wish I had a photo of the outside of the shop in an old home. So so charming. 

Here is the menu: 





Even better than our breakfast was our time together. Her heart was open and I had prepared a Bible verse and some thoughts for us to talk through and ponder. This sweet place, that yummy food certainly opened the door to our hearts. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment