Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Teatime Tuesday: Make Each Day Joyful

I don't have many photos to show you but I do have a heart to share. 

So go get yourself something warm and yummy. Turn on some musica (maybe this)  Hot cider, coffee, tea, hot chocolate... 

Take a breath, sit down for a moment. 

Stop scrolling and breathe. 

We have have never ending lists. 

I still have to correct my ELA end of unit tests. And the dryer is calling me. There is a floor to sweep. on and on. 

But we C A N stop for just a bit. 

Just one little phone picture of Scott this weekend putting lights on our tree - he makes all of my Christmas dreams come true. 💞



Today I got an email from a friend. 

His name is Rick Labadia. He is a retired kindergarten teacher. He is my mentor, friend, encourager. He inspires me to be the best teacher I possibly can by filling me up with positivity and telling me all of the things I am doing right. I am so grateful for him. 

His email to me was:


Hi Tara... have a great week with your family and students...

Well, the season is here, and there is always so much to do. Along with that comes some stress. I think of strong women like you who do so much for others, and seem to get it all done... and with poise and dignity. Take it easy, and make each day joyful, and celebrate because you made it happen that way. 
I think this poem about peace fits you perfectly!


Peace


It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work.

It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart. 

(unknown) 


... so to all of us this call: 

make each day joyful and celebrate because you made it that way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment