Thursday, July 9, 2020

Catch Up Thursday

We were home for the first time on the 4th ever in my whole life. It was different but Scott and I were determined to make it memorable. Goodness I wish I took pictures of all of the food we ate that day - it sure was amazing!

We started the evening before when Anna finished her last summer college class {Boston College}. She absolutely loved it so much!!! She finished her last lecture on Friday afternoon in her room and I had a sign in the hallway when she left the room that said, "Congratulation! You finished your first college class!" and it took my breath away. I know it's not really like going to college but gosh that is coming so fast!

While she was in her last class I whipped up a cake {and decided to decorate it for the 4th, since the 4th was the next day}

4th 1

On the 4th I decided that we'd get out all of those summertime treats machines that we just don't pull out enough - like the snow cone machine!!! Of course when Scott ran to the store for me there wasn't any of that sugary liquid you pour over the snow cone, so I cooked one up - easy! And so much more yummy!

4th 2

She was pretty excited since it had been years since we had this out!

4th 3

Here she is back in when we first got it... (2012)

presents 3

snow cone collage

Back to 2020

4th 4

4th 5

They really are pretty summertime treats

4th 6

Why not go all out?!

4th 7

Yes, we got out our ice cream maker too! Now that are not going to forget about - goodbye store ice cream - please if you love ice cream, treat yourself to this machine, trust me!

4th 9

4th 7

4th 8

Since then we've made chocolate too - be still my heart, so so good!

I also want to remember

watching Hamilton
playing Monopoly
swinging on the porch
the most amazing dinner




No comments:

Post a Comment