Tuesday, July 7, 2020

A Place for Music, Reading, Chirping

"Throughout scripture, God is referred to as our spiritual refuge. We are told to run to him for safety, security, rest, replenishment, comfort, and never ending love. In the same way, I believe God created our homes to be our physical refuge. He knew we would need a corner of the world to call our own. We go to our homes in hopes of finding physically many of the same qualities God offers us spiritually - a restful place, safe from the storms and stresses of the world, filled with love, comfort, and absolute acceptance. A warm bed, an encouraging word, a tasty meal, a crackling fire all give comfort, security, and love. Home is to be the refuge we run to after doing battle in the world. It should be where we are reminded of who we are, to whom we belong, and what really matters in life. Home needs to be a safe place where we house no only our bodies but our hearts and our souls". Terry Willits

Recently I was looking at our living room wall color and wondering if I should change it. Since I have all white furniture in there it really can be any color. When I brought my ideas to my family, wondering what they thought my girls said, "what about Christmas?" And I knew in an instant that this room that waits for Christmas all year long needed to keep it's light, pastel green walls. For sure.

So I thought about what I could do to changes things up. We had a carpet in our attic that we hadn't used in a while with lots of pink in it. I switched the carpets and knew that I wanted a pink and green room. Easy to swap out at Christmastime, and pretty all year long.

living room 2

I kept the mantle simple and I love how the watercolor of my girls matches my new 'theme' in here with lots of greens in the ocean and pink in Abigail's dress.

living room 1

living room 3

living room 4

I changed the pillows on the couch and Scott painted this table behind the couch white. I filled it with pink books that I borrowed from around my house and added a vintage platter with small pink flowers.

living room 16

living room 5

living room 9

living room 10

living room 14

living room 15

He also painted this tray that was a dark color a new pretty pastel pink and I knew just the books that I wanted on them. A romantic plant in milk glass and my heart was skipping a beat. 🤍

living room 6

living room 13

The last step was to hang these vintage seasonal plates from Currier and Ives. Perfect. I love them so🤍

living room 7

living room 17

living room 8

A vintage book that seemed perfect on my tea cart.

living room 11

living room 12

And just by shopping around my home, digging a little in closets, and a bit of paint I have a place I love to be in. What's next?


1 comment:

  1. Hi. Although I do not blog, I follow a few blogs. Your blog is so inspirational and beautiful. I appreciate the ideas you present. Thank you for sharing your life.

    ReplyDelete