Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Best New Spot For Reading

Today we are on our fourth 'snow day'. The fist two were 'traditional' no school days. After those two, all of the snow days are remote days. I thought I would miss 'traditional' snow days but I actually don't at all. The day ends at 2:00 for these remote days and they are still a bit of a break from a regular school day. I can run laundry and get it all done during meets. I get to be more cozy. And I have the luxury of being able to use the bathroom whenever I need to, ha! But seriously, that is a luxury of an elementary teacher! 

This is a new spot in our house. Not the spot really, just the chair. We used to have a little girls table here that held playmobil castles and other toys. Sigh... And then there was our Christmas tree here in November and December but now this chair. 

We decided we needed a chair here for every single night waiting to tuck our girls in (yes, we still do, every single night) Every night there seems to be this waiting time when one is brushing teeth and we are waiting. I found Scott and I just sitting on the floor - until one day when I said, "why don't we get a chair for this area?" 

And it's been perfect. 

I chose not to decorate this area. I wanted to keep it simple. It's about a book, an armchair, and that window that looks out onto the backyard and the field beyond. 

Today it is snowing... book reading perfection... a chair with a view. 




No comments:

Post a Comment