Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Celebrate the Wonder


There are some traditions that we are still holding to - some that we all still love - seeing Santa is one of them.

"Let us put our minds together and see what kind of life we can make for our children" 

Not 'any ol' Santa of course, but the R E A L Santa. 

He visits in a pretty little Massachusetts town about an hour from our house, and he's well worth the hour drive.

Of course I pack blankets, and snacks and Christmas movies for the ride.

santa 1

santa 2

santa 3

santa 4

And honestly, some times when we are all in the car together it feels so so good. Because we are finally all sitting.

I've blogged about this tradition each and every year.

Here is 2017

and 2016

and 2015

and 2014

and 2013

and 2012

I know in my heart our years are numbered - not for going to a sweet place and shopping and going out for a special Christmas dinner. But sitting on Santa's lap. It's precious to me and I'm loving every single time she still wants to - and she does!

santa 5

Quite possibly my favorite from the evening.

santa 7

And there he is - in all his glory - Santa Claus!

santa 8

santa 9

santa 10

They had a lovely and long chat. He asked her at one point if she had a pet and Abigail told him that she had a bird that he brought her last year - "oh I remember" he said with a twinkle in his eye. It was magical.

santa 10

Abigail is growing up, of course. But she is still little - a sixth grader wearing a size 8 Santa Claus dress (just stay little - just stay little- just stay little)

santa 10

santa 12

santa 13

santa 14

After a while of that magic we walked out into the cold December night to dinner.

santa 15

We talked and laughed and I counted my blessings.

santa 16

I am so grateful to God for my little family. And for Christmas. And of course Santa Claus. I really love Santa Claus. 

"Backward, turn backward, O Time in your Flight; Make Me a Child Again Just for Tonight." 

No comments:

Post a Comment