Thursday, March 2, 2017

March is the new May

March is a little more 'full' than other months.  Our weeknights are the same as always but each and every weekend has a special event.  That had me so stressed out as I took down February and took my first look at March.

calendar

Now, I know that I make the calendar.  Every year Scott and I talk and talk about priorities making sure there is enough home/down time.  There is so so so much more that the girls could be involved in that we say no to.  Saying no to extra dance opportunites (and a million other things we could say yes to) means saying 

yes to more couch time on the weekends
yes to more think time on the weekends
yes to more relaxed reading on the weekends
yes to more loving on my house on the weekends
yes to more cuddlying with our girls on the weekends
yes to more family games on the weekends
yes to more of us...

But too many things 'fall' in March.  I've prayed about it and found this scripture that I'll be hanging on to this month.

Lamantations 3:22-23
It is because of the Lords mercy and loving kindness that we are not consumed, because His tender compassion fails not.  They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness. 

And do you know what?  April will come and our carefree weekends will come back.  I'm going to enjoy each and every part of this full month.  But in the back of my heart I can't wait to get home and be us.  


No comments:

Post a Comment