Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Night Before Sixth Grade

Dear Anna,

I paused here a long time. I'm not sure how to start my yearly back to school letter to you.

Wow! A middle school girl.

2

You know that I wish you could stay at that lovely elementary school we both adore forever, right? The teachers who love you. The halls you know. The routines.

But tomorrow you will start a new adventure. And you will shine.

God has given you a beautiful gift Anna. You are

sweet
kind
quiet
thoughtful
generous
smart... oh so smart
beautiful... oh so beautiful
respectful

You are a

good listener
excellent student
beautiful violist
responsible person
wonderful big sister
even more wonderful daughter

I am remembering tonight that first day of preschool all those years ago. Did I ever tell you what happened after I dropped you off and had to drive home? I was trying to not cry to much that I had to run to my car. When I got home I collapsed in a chair in the living room and cried. I cried because it was the first time you were under someone elses care since I had first held you. And I just didn't like that. I ached for you.

I'll ache for you again tomorrow. But in a different way. I have to know, we both do, that you are ready for this. When you are lonely, pray. God is with you. Daddy, Abigail and I are too.

Try to smile. Try to say hi when someone says hi to you. I won't be there to finish your sentences. You'll get to do that all on your own. And you can.

I love you more that I can say. And I can't wait to see you at the end of the day.

All my love forever,
mommy

1 collage

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Middle school! She will do great. Wishing her a blessed school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness...a beautiful young lady! yep mama...she's growin up!:) love these letters you write every year. beautiful
    have a happy day tara

    ReplyDelete