Friday, November 18, 2011

Favorite Photo Friday ~ Abigail and Grandma

One of the best things about loosing power for 9 days was a huge computer discovery I made.  One night I was at my brother and sister in laws house and decided to go on their computer.  (It had been a long week and I was happy to be able to see what was going on in the world)  I clicked on my blog and saw the strangest color in my pictures.  And I panicked.  I called Scott in to take a look.  "That's how people have been seeing my pictures?!"  They were terrible, all blueish grey.  I guess I don't need to explain since you've been seeing them that way. 

After our power came back on that was one of the first things I tackled.  With Scott's help we stayed up late trying to figure out why the color were so distorted.  Long story short, we found out that somehow when my pictures were edited in Lightroom and Photoshop they were saved with a strange setting called, 'pro photo'.  I'm not sure how Scott finally figured out how to change around the settings, but he's good at that, and all was right again! 

So I apologize that that's been the way you've seen my pictures.  Weird!  I wish I had time to go back and redo all of those posts, but life moves on quickly and there is barely time to do this blog post today.  Therefore the weird, ucky pictures will stay.  They will remind me of what I already know.  Computers are tricky and I only know how to do what I've memorized and what Scott has patiently explained to me. 

From here on out I hope to get the color right. 

These pictures were from a post back here.  (back when the pictures were yucky)  I edited this picture of my Mom and the color was spot on.  (on my screen)  On your screen it's all weird looking.  Since I never finished editing these pictures and decided that this was the week.  Today Abigail 'turns' 4 1/2 so it is the perfect day to feature some pictures of my favorite 4 1/2 year old and her Grandma.

 Here we go... cheers to good, happy color!

sRGB watermarked mom

birch tree

abigail at fence

abigail kiss


A child needs a grandparent to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world.  ~Charles and Ann Morse

the long road

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful tara, but honestly this is the way I have been seeing all of yoru pictures. No bluish tint on my end?!?!:) The pics of your mom from the previous post were just as beautiful as these!
    (love your new watermark - is that what they call it??)
    have a happy day tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara,

    Your photo's are absolutely beautiful! You have come so far with your photography, you must be so proud of these gorgeous photo's of your daughter and mother. I am certain these pic's have so much more meaning knowing you created this beautiful "art" yourself!

    I have enjoyed being "classmates" with you on this journey:) Hope to see you again in a future "Lisa" class.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    God Bless,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are simply stunning Tara!! I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished. Keep up the fabulous work.

    Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!!

    xoxo,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete