Saturday, December 3, 2022

Our Memories Past ~ Christmas Kitchen



My inspiration for decorating our kitchen came from this book... in July. I came across this vintage book and fell in love with the illustrations inside. Opening the book and peeking into the messy, love-filled days of a mama and her two little girls (one with dark hair, one with light) brought me right back. The illustrations were just like what I wanted to and created for my darling little daughters all of those years I was home. There are pictures of cooking in the kitchen, lots of things on the counters. In the book there is bath time after playing outside. There are snuggles in bed with books, and everything in between. I found a treasure of a book this summer and it lit something in my heart. So grateful, oh so very grateful for thirteen years home.  And what a perfect start to thinking about our own memories I want create this Christmas season for my family this year. So from this book, our Memories past Christmas Kitchen ... join me inside ❣






And look at this beautiful (I want to live in it) scene Scott bought me last year. I love it oh so much. The vintage, snowy town matched just what I wanted to create from the book, and the colors are just perfect. 


I added some snowmen to match the cover. I 'sprinkled' them throughout the room. 



Here is a peek into my Christmas Baking Center and laundry room. I love how it all turned out -- a bit of whimsy, charm, and oh so Christmassy. 





Love this vintage Christmas cake dish more than anything. All of the old things are the best. 


This is my pie cooling window - perfect little window shelf for cooling pies but when there isn't a pie right outta the oven, it's the perfect seat for a Christmas cake! 




I do love how this turned out - full, almost messy, just like the story book that was my inspiration. 



A look from the kitchen into the laundry room that is all decorated for a country Christmas look. 



Christmas Tea Table - This year I removed all of our 'regular' mugs and filled it with my collection of vintage Christmas mugs. A few Christmas tea cups too. 








The peek from our dining room. 


Vintage Santa mug and a flickering candle in an antique old fashioned oil lamp. 


Ironstone mugs and a crystal dish for red hots... perfect for a nibble or decorating gingerbread cookies! 



I love my ironstone creamers all lined up ready for warming syrup (even on a early school morning)  
Next to it Christmas creamers - lovely lovely 



This little corner is new this year, a few Christmas cookbooks with two great big ironstone cookie jars (currently filled with gingerbread cookies. Love it so much next to this natural looking Christmas tree. 



Always Gooseberry Patch, the best cookbooks ever. (the oldest ones are the best) 



Cozy little corner... 






Always the first place I begin decorating -- always the place I think about all year long -- what will I do in the kitchen?? When I figure that out, the rest of our home just simply 'comes together'.  

I believe in setting the stage for a Happy Home Life. And this is ours... 

Merry, cozy, Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment