Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Christmas Traditional ~ Our Christmas Dining Room

I love dining rooms, I do! I love when they are their own rooms and not sprawling into others. That's just my taste; nothing wrong with those big rooms. I just love traditional homes. I love vintage, antique, and old homes. And although our home isn't that old (1950) I still want to preserve the way this home should look based on how it was designed to look back in 1950. 

Are there things I would change about our home? Oh goodness yes! So so much. But I also love love love so much about it.

❤ The molding

❤ The two build in china cabinets - the one in the kitchen was one of the first things I noticed when we walked into this house back in 2021. 

❤ The small room (did she just say she likes small rooms?) I did! I love cozy and I love how it feels to be in these low ceilings, quaint rooms

So in our dining room this Christmas I decorated in a way I'm calling "New England Traditional Christmas". 

I hung three plates on the wall from our Christmas china and love how it looks. I think I'll have it up there all of the winter. 

Our furniture (that we waited forever to have) is antique from Hitchcock. And I love it today just as much as the day it came home. 


These cute little cups from Emma Bridgewater add a little charm to the cabinet. 


And I love the ironstone pitcher I found at an antique store near Anna's college. 







This year we added a Christmas tree to the corner of the room and I love the way it adds such a warmth in here. 








Baskets and candles everywhere for that country charm. 




Can't wait to share more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment