Monday, June 20, 2022

Getting Back to This

Well, here we are! It's summer! And I am thrilled! 

But I am so behind on things I want to keep on this blog. When I thought about where to start I knew I had to start with something simple -- so it's a few phone pictures and a few moments in the past 3 days since the last day of school. 

Our last day of school was Friday. (although Anna has been home from her freshman year of college for quite some time). 

We spent Friday afternoon with Scott's family celebrating our niece's high school graduation.  


And then on Sunday we celebrated Father's Day (more on that soon) with a special lunch out on the porch. 

Today was the first 'real' day of summer with my girls and I having the whole day sprawled out in front of us. We jumped right into one of our most cherished traditions -- reading on the couch after lunch. We've done this for 15 years!!!! Anna was a tiny toddler and Abigail an infant. When Abigail took her afternoon nap I used to make a little 'nest' out of blankets for Anna and I upstairs in my bedroom. We sat on the floor and she 'read' her books aloud (Fancy Nancy) and I read mine. It has been a tradition to read in the afternoon ever since. And today was the very first day! 


And there you have it -- back to summer. Now that I'm home I'll be on here way more often sharing tidbits of our summer and a few things that happened back in spring. I'd love if you'd leave me a comment if you stopped by. That way I can read your blog too (if you have one - even if you don't feel free to leave a comment)! 

Cheers to summer! 



4 comments:

  1. I don't have a blog, but am so happy that I found yours. I love reading about you and your beautiful family. Have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean, thank you for your kind words! If you had a blog, I'd for sure be reading yours!

      Delete
  2. Hi Tara, I have been reading your blog for many years. I don't have a blog, but since you invited non blogger comments I thought I would finally say hello :) I have enjoyed all of your decorating posts, seeing the changes in your home over the years and your family grow. I also enjoy reading about your love of your faith. I hope you continue to post even as your girls get older!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea, So nice of you to pop on and leave a comment! I appreciate your kind words. I have thought of stopping so many times now that my girls are older but I just don't seem to be able to keep posting memories! Thanks again for the hello!

    ReplyDelete