Sunday, March 13, 2022

Sunday Ponderings


It sunny and bright today. And extremely windy and cold. While our neighborhood always has someone walking, running, biking, there is no one out. Even the dog walkers I don't see. It's the kind of day with ice under our feet crunching in little piles. 

I took the extra heater out of our mudroom on Friday after school because I was tired of cleaning around it. That little extra heater keeps our kitchen table area cozy and warm. I think I took it out too soon. 

This week it will also be in up to 58. March is always like this. 

I choose to enjoy the warmer days but also these deeply winter days. My heart doesn't wrestle for what's next. 


This week we will be just three again at home, with Anna headed back to college after her spring break week. It was lovely to have her here. For those of you that have college kids, you know. For those of you that don't yet, you will. When Anna is home it feels like it is supposed to in this old house. The sounds, the chatter, the presence - just feels right. But we will adjust, again. And we will talk on the phone every single day until she comes home for Easter. There will I'm sure be a visit to Holy Cross before then as well. 

This week I will teach my class of fourth graders, work hard, be tired, be grateful, workout, have my prayer times, spend time with Abigail, read to her, be with her, guide her. I will cook and prep for the next day. I will clean where I can. I will get not enough quite enough sleep (homework of a high schooler and a brace, shot, and meds that must come after that). With all of that I know that my time in prayer, my prayer table/home alter, my devotionals, my Bible are what anchor me. And I have strength and peace for the moments when I need them. Walking in His will is such a good, sacred place to be. This is the season that I am in and I know I am in the right place. 

Wishing you a peaceful, beautiful week ahead. 

Psalm 40:1-4
I waited patiently and expectantly for the Lord, and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me out of a horrible pit and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings. And He has put a new song in my heart, a song of praise to our God. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his refuge and trust, and turns not to the proud or to followers of false gods. 

My thoughts: 
steadying according to Webster's dictionary: to make or become firm, stable, not shaky, constant in behavior, calm and controlled, reliable. 

In my time with God, in my prayer time, my Bible reading time, my thoughts focused on God time, God makes my steps:
  1. firm
  2. stable
  3. constant in behavior
  4. calm
  5. controlled
  6. reliable
Happy Sunday! 

Loving: 
This book - on my third year going through, I still love and still wish I had from the moment I was a new mama. But I still glean so much wisdom from it as the mama of a 14 and 18 year old. 


No comments:

Post a Comment