Friday, February 4, 2022

Thursday Night is the start of Cozy

Friday night begins when I get home from school on Thursday afternoon... 




I make my own pizza sauce - deep, rich, amazing, simmers for 4 hours... 
and I make my own pizza dough - rises for 3 hours. 




There is something so fulfilling about getting to 'almost' the end of the week and making something that clearly we can buy. But it tastes so gooooood I never ever would! 
And while the dough rises and the sauce simmers I think of how one more day of teaching and then we can breathe. (and eat) 




Scott take my sauce and my dough and makes what we call "pizza bread" - custom breads that we all love. I adore mine stuffed with bell peppers, spinach, mushrooms. Anna loves "test of courage" (he takes chicken we've cooked during the week and it soaks overnight in a sort of sweet & really hot sauce he invented) and Abigail loves sausage. We all love broccoli. 




And that is how our weekend (always and forever) begins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment