Friday, February 25, 2022

Connected

Last Saturday Anna and I talked on the phone about so many different things. I love our 'heart to heart' talks. Being eighteen brings her, I've found, to such a different level. Most of our conversations these days are about faith. Sometimes, what's for dinner or what she has been working on or reading that day, but many times faith. This particular talk was so powerful I told her when we hung up that before she did anything she should write a few things we talked about in her diary. {she's a big diary/journal girl, since she was little} I wanted her to remember in her own words things we said, the way the conversation went, ways we felt God was leading. 

Although I will always keep those conversations between us {and sharing with Scott} I do want to remember how connected we are - really more than ever. 

I want to remember how alive and real her faith is becoming. 

I want to remember proclamations she's said. {"I really just want to trust God."} 

It's amazing how the training, the teaching, the tea times, the long talks, the raising, the 'all those years' of pointing her, reminding her, helping her to stretch toward God and her faith - has come full circle. I see it now and it is a delight to this mama's heart. 

The day after our talk we went to Mass at our church

And Anna went to Mass at her church at Holy Cross. She felt funny taking a picture or video so mostly she recorded the singing from her pew but oh how I loved it and how it reminded me that we are sealed in our faith no matter how far apart we are and that we are deeply connected to each other. 



I am so grateful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment