Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Lessons from an Enchanted Forest

Isn't this little phone picture just magical?

IMG_2633

To me it looks like my daughters are in an enchanted forest - exploring - happy as can be.

I love Anna's hand holding up her dress.

I love how Abigail is following closely behind.

It was taken quickly on my phone when we were in Alaska.

I hired a family photographer to capture these photos here - but I love this one (above) so much!

IMG_2635

Sometimes when you don't know the changes that are coming you don't realize what you are in.

I love the way Laura Ingalls Wilder shared her thoughts in Saving Graces, Inspirational Writings (devotionals).

"As I studied the subject, it was impressed upon me that in order to thoroughly enjoy anything, one must feel the absence of it at times, and I acted upon that theory."

We all feel the absence right now of freedom. If we are doing 'our part' then we are home. Totally and completely home. Day in and day out. And the absence of that freedom of movement right now - the changes it brings (distance learning to come) helps us to realize that one day when it is back how much we will enjoy it.



No comments:

Post a Comment