Tuesday, December 17, 2019

December Snow Day

29

"In order to thoroughly enjoy anything, one must feel the absence of it at times" Laura Ingalls Wilder

I was thinking about that when I had so many hours in my kitchen today. It's rare. For 13 years I could spend all day there so I know it's true that to thoroughly enjoy anything, one must feel the absence of it at times. So true.

Today is our second snow day -- well really, it's an ice day. Just a little snow fell but it's been freezing ice all day long so no school.

I can't think of a perfect month to have 2 snow days  -- December.

Here's what I did by noon today --

46

I started when it was just getting light this morning in the heart of my home, the kitchen, and more specifically, the baking center...

47

I started in on our Christmas morning tea cakes.

1

I'll wrap them and freeze them and pull them out the day before. {our calendar is quite full until Christmas so this will be all ready to go}

2

4

I made our muffins {no sugar, no flour} that I make every week for our family to go in lunchboxes, for after school, and to go with own lunch at school each day.

3

And these, so pretty all lined up -- hot cocoa mixes as gifts {and one for us of course}

5

Almost too pretty to give away.

Anna and Abigail {with Scott by their side} did work alllll daaaaay long! It's a last crunch before Christmas break!


No comments:

Post a Comment