Thursday, December 26, 2019

A Home Filled with Light and Life (and a Christmas home tour too)

"Home is the kingdom in which we have the daily choice and power to make our tiny domain one of light or darkness," Sally Clarkson

I believe in serving life within my home. It is a daily choice and one that I don't take lightly. While I serve outside as a fourth grade teacher, it is my prime responsibility to minister to those I love, my girls, my husband in my home.

A cozy playroom that is neat and clean, and calling for imaginations, art projects, and reading. A cheerful and happy table for homework and studying late at night.

A children's library filled with picture books we can all look back at and love. A wall filled with chapter books that the girls treasure and ones waiting to read.

A well-stocked kitchen filled with homemade goodies and healthy, whole food to nourish our bodies and a welcome round table to nourish conversations.

A family room with a warm fireplace for cuddling children, watching a movie on family date night. Baskets of games under the coffee table waiting for laughter and fun.

A living room to sip tea, read the Bible, write out favorite verses, and prayers. A place where stories are told and ideas are discussed. Violas hanging on the wall and music stands filled with music to  practice. A place where the love of music is instilled.

Bedrooms with comfy beds, layers of blankets, piles of books - books we love and books we're waiting to read. A private place for our own quiet times of prayers and thoughts.

This is what I dreamed in my heart for my home since I was a young bride in 1996. And little by little, I made it so.

I know down deep that it isn't a 'perfect' house that matters, it's a house filled with love for the ones God has entrusted me with. And although it's not always easy, it is my joy to give to my family in this way.

So this is our house this Christmas. How I love to decorate for the seasons and make it a home filled with festive cheer. There is nothing picture perfect about the way our home is decorated or even how it looks in these pictures, but I know it is filled with love and life. And I know it ministers faith to those I share it with.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete