Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Homemaking Always

Wisdom from a woman who was born in 1867 and died in 1957 --

{my thoughts}

"So much depends upon the homemakers. I sometimes wonder if they are so busy now with other things {and this written so long ago - I wonder what she would think now of 'other things'} that they are forgetting the importance of this special work."

"Because of their importance, we must not neglect our home in the rapid changes of the present day. For when tests of character come in later years, strength to the good will not come from the modern improvements or amusements {made me think of all our technology} few many have enjoyed, but from the quiet moments and the "still small voices" of the old home." {oh yes, the quiet moments, even if they are few, even if they are at 5 am}

~the wonderful Laura Ingalls Wilder

I take great comfort in knowing that what I do is important. I love to hear this long ago hero of mine 'talk' about homemaking. It warms my soul to know that she thought about it just as I do.

There are so many 'different ways' to be a homemaker. Some would argue that because I'm a 4th grade full time classroom teacher I'm not a full time homemaker. I would not agree. I love my home deeply and fully - not in all of the walls but the people I make it for.

sister reading

It is all so important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment