Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Beginning of September Weekending

A chill in the morning air -- soft boiled egg breakfast out on the porch

1

Apple peeler comes out for the first time

2

and makes this

3

15

Sitting on the porch swing I see this -- first leaves changing on my Grandpa's tree

4

8

5

They just can't hang on to summer anymore -- they surrender

7

Decorating here and there and everywhere

9

10

11

12

Sitting

13

An extra day on the weekend means more time for this

14

Celebrating back to school (that post coming soon)

16

I am trying something new this school year -- I've decided to work my tail off from Saturday morning until I get my week ready instead of here and there and bits of the whole weekend.

Ya see, I'm blessed because I GET TO do the morning with my girls. Sure, I could leave and be at my school at 7am like the rest of the teachers (one day I'm sure I will) but for now I'm so happy to make their breakfast, get them all set, drive them to school and BE with them that I end up getting to school at 8am. And after school is over I love getting home to my family so I don't stay late to get all planned and ready. SoooOooooooo because I won't compromise my family time or being mama just the way I love to be I need to get some work done (planning and prepping) on the weekend.

This Saturday morning I got up at school time (yikes) and worked until 11am. Then had to go to the library for the books on hold for me and run to my school for copies, setting up, and just a few classroom things. Abigail came with me after all of my planning and we had a lovely time at the library and my classroom. And then I was done! Checked off for the weekend! So that's the new plan for this year. Saturday morning no matter what!

2 comments:

  1. Your sun porch is so dreamy. And the picture of Abigail eating breakfast on the porch is so cute.
    Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures as always and I love the swing decorated for Fall!

    ReplyDelete