Monday, August 15, 2016

5 ~ Paradise Cove, the Disney Resort, High Tea on the Veranda, and saying goodbye

mornings

1

Paradise Cove

2

So beautiful here and often there are sea turtles. We didn't see any this day but we sure found a beautiful spot to spend our morning.

49

Glistening sun in little pools filled with treasures

5

8

6

7

I have to stop and point out Abigail here. She is such a joy and we love her! We are certain that God sure wanted to send someone to help us take life less seriously and have fun!

9

10

11

13

14

15

Disney Resort for lunch

Just because we wanted to check it out for fun and have lunch!

16

17

Tea on the Veranda

Oh so special. (behind the girls is the staircase with a bride getting photographed)

20

21

22

23

It was elegant and lovely and I was so excited about this tea for a year before we went.

24

Tea is our thing. We've had tea in Boston. Tea in New York City. But tea here certainly had the most spectacular view out of any we've ever had.

25

26

27

28

29

30

31

32

33

34

35

A word about traveling with Abigail and her many food allergies. Long long long before this trip we talked with her about tea. She helped us pick out and pack a few treats from home since food for her during this trip would be hard enough. Tea? No way! She was prepared and she wanted to do this. But what we never expected was that the executive chef for the Monana Surfrider Hotel would go above and beyond for Abigail every single day. He cooked for her at dinner every night. He made sure that if he wasn't available, she would have something for breakfast and lunch. Every day we were beyond grateful for him. And then when Scott made the reservations for tea, he noticed them. One day before our tea he came up to me in the lobby and quietly said, "we're all set for Abigail and your tea reservation." I had tears in my eyes and told him if he could just find her a little cookie or something that would be wonderful. He just smiled at me.

And then this was brought to the table.

36

And this

37

Just for her

38

A pudding made from coconut milk instead of cream.

And these beautiful treats

39

40

I never thought anything like this could happen for her. It was truly the highlight of the Tea and quite possibly one of the highlights of the trip for me. When tea was over, as with every meal he prepared for Abigail, he came out and asked if everything was alright. I adore this picture of Abigail looking at him. I know in her little heart she is grateful too.  (more on traveling with food allergies back here)

tea 5

tea 4

41

42

The Tea ended with sorbet

43

And we decided to have Anna take a photo of us since it was our last night (more about this beautiful hotel in this post back here)

44

twenty years later

(this one is my favorite, thanks Anna!)
45

46

47

And then we waited for the Yogi's to come and pick us up for our last evening.

48

They took us to dinner

Resturant wtih Yogis

and shopping. And when it was time to say goodbye it sure was hard. Because they are family. And because I didn't want to leave them and this island that was home for a year of my life and the place I was a newlywed.

18

So I pretended that we weren't really saying goodbye. We were just saying goodbye for the night. It (sort of) made it easier.

Oh, and this is Kelsey. He was like an extra brother to me when we lived in Hawaii. I was over the moon to see him!

18

Dear Diary,

I don't know what to write about today. My heart is so full and so empty at the same time. I am so grateful for the Yogi family and for the memories this island holds for me. I am so grateful that there are now new memories one that my girls are in. My heart doesn't want to leave. And yet, my heart is so very full.

Good night Oahu.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Tara.
    So so so so Beautiful.
    All of it.
    And Abigail. And her Chef.
    Good still exists in this world.
    I am beyond happy for you.
    You dreamed it. And worked on it. And it happened.
    Happy Anniversary, you two lovebirds!
    I will be there dancing at your 50th!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tea looks amazing and the view!!
    I love Anna's blue and white dress.
    I have so enjoyed experiencing your trip to Hawaii with you...
    Can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chef is a very special person :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete