Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winter

snowflakes 2

snowflakes 1

"I have learned to quit speeding through life, always trying to do too many things too quickly, without taking the time to enjoy each day's doings.  I think I always thought of real living was falling in love, or when I got my first job, or when I was able to help somebody, or watch my baby get born, or have a good morning of really good writing.  In between the highs I was impatient - you know how it is - life seem so Daily.  Now I love the dailiness.  I enjoy washing dishes.  I enjoy cooking, I see my father's roses out the kitchen window, I like picking beans.  I notice everything - birdsongs, the clouds, the sound of wind, the glory of sunshine after two weeks of rain.  These things I took for granted before." 

~from Mitten Strings for God, Reflections for Mothers in a Hurry ~
by Katrina Keninson

No comments:

Post a Comment