Friday, October 28, 2011

Favorite Photo Friday ~ Hand in Hand

hand in hand mini fusion

We went for a walk last weekend, one of our favorite things to do.  I guess like everyone else we're trying to soak in as much outside time as we can while the weather is gorgeous. (ps~ it snowed in CT tonight!)

I don't know why this is the first time I really noticed this, but Anna is an Abigail hog, and Abigail is an Anna hog.  I kept trying to interact with my girls and hold hands with them but they weren't really interested.  They held hands the whole time, thought of their own little games, threw rocks together, and skipped.

I wonder how far they'd walk along without us.  And of course it made me feel sad that they're growing up and didn't need me to show them how to pick up a rock and "bloop" it (as Abigail calls it) into the water.  They didn't need me to point out the birds or ducks.  At one point Anna even noticed it was getting warm and took off Abigail's jacket and tied it around her waist.  Ahh, sweet sister love.

But yes, at the same time I feel oh so happy that they're best friends; always together finding joy together where ever we are.  And so happy that they have each other. 

An afternoon realizing this makes me savor my alone one-on-one time with each of my girls.  Their little voices, the cute and funny things they say even just playing in our playroom.  I'm so happy to be their mom.  I suppose they'll be more things I "notice" about growing up along the way.  Take baby steps with that girls, baby steps...


the long road

1 comment:

  1. It's totally like that with the big girls and Aubrey. when they are home she is like "mom who???" That's why I savor our time alone together during the day...before the crazies hit!!:)
    It is so wonderful watching your older ones take care of your little ones. Tell me they at least fight sometimes?!?!:)
    have a happy day tara

    ReplyDelete