Monday, August 24, 2026

Meanwhile... (and Anna's Adoption Day)

Oh goodness. I feel like I haven't blogged 'regular' things in so long! Thank you for sticking with me for all of those 30th Anniversary posts and all of that Hawaii. I always want to get all of our memories on here so that we can go back and look at them. 

But I am also glad that we are 'back to normal'. 

We came home from Hawaii and I jumped right back into my classroom set up. Not full days. I like to work and set it up in little bits. Really little bits. I get an idea and then I go make that idea happen. And them I'm back home. 

So yes, all of that has been going on. 

In all of that we celebrated Anna's adoption day. 

It's a really big deal in our family. It's almost like a childs birthday feeling as a Mama. It's the day we held her for the first time. It's her 'gotya day'. 

Here are some past posts on her Adoption Day: 

Adoption Day Videos 

Dear Chinese Birth Mother 

Chosen

Adoption Day 

10 Years of Forever 

(there are so many more - if you go to the subjects below you can read "The Story of Anna" - just click there) 

I made a suggestion to Anna that we might want to go to a museum. She loved the idea and we had the most lovely afternoon at the Wadsworth Atheneum. We saw painting by artists such as: 

~ Claude Monet

~ Pierre Renoir

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Years ago I took the girls and they were so adorable! 

2015

2011

It was a rainy cool day, perfect for a museum. 






Monet... oh my! 








Silly girls acting this one out! 


This was by far my favorite this time: 


And then we had an early dinner at a Chinese Restaurant. 


Dear Anna, 
Words can not explain how much you mean to us. We are so very blessed to be your parents and are grateful for the miracle of adoption. You are our. We are yours. Forever and Forever. 





1 comment: