It's now almost a week on Maui and what tends to happen is that I don't pick up my camera as much as the beginning - and I'm ok with that. It's just the way it is. So there are a lot less pictures on this post and a lot less to say about this day. You might be wondering why I don't just 'finish up Hawaii' and put everything on one post, but the only way for me to do this is one Hawaii day at a time. I work in small chunks to edit, blog size and upload my pictures. And I don't want to spend too much time doing that each day, so one day at a time it is for me. (Also, it's the week before school starts and I'm busy setting up my classroom and planning for the first few days of school) :)
This day in Hawaii was kind of a reset day. We didn't have too much on the agenda, and no major hikes or visiting state parks.
In the morning Scott and Abigail snorkled again and Anna and I shared a lovely breakfast on our Hotel restaurant outside and overlooking the ocean. It was lovely.
Maui Ocean Center
After the snorkling, we all went to the aquarium. (Maui Ocean Center) It was really the only 'tourist' type of thing that we did. Anna really wanted to go; she's always loved an aquarium! And this one did not dissapoint. Of course it was Hawaii 'themed' if you will, and so it was authenically beautiful. I didn't take any pictures except for this one of Anna watching Humpbacks of Hawaii in 3-D.
Maui Tropical Plantation
We stopped at the plantation on the way back from the aquarium and it was simply beautiful. The girls had a smoothie with fresh fruit and I enjoyed a yogurt parfait. We relaxed, shopped, and just took in the sights.
Our evening was swimming in the ocean and late dinner at the hotel with icecream after!
Every night Scott and I walked over to Branches, live music under a tree. It made for the most lovely and romantic evenings together.










No comments:
Post a Comment