Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Snow Day

We had our first big snow storm in early January (post back here) but we had our first snow day (no school) today. 

I was already up and had already finished my whole workout before I knew that schools were closed for the day. Darn! But also good. I am for sure a morning person and so I took advantage of the 'still dark' 'whole house to myself' morning while Scott and Abigail slept in. 



A quiet breakfast - still - not rushing - tea in the teacup Anna gave me years ago - pure bliss 


 A fire in the living room fireplace as the light slowly crept up and the blue sky was still early. 


Bible time and tea - with Abigail's music stand still in place from her lesson the evening before


Awake and homemade snow day pancakes - an almost 'white out' outside now


The promise of a day together - even with midterm exams to study for - still a whole day together










No comments:

Post a Comment