Sunday, January 29, 2023

Home Right Now

I've been working on our home since Christmas came down. It's taking me quite a while to figure out how I want to decorate. There are a few things I know are my core that I come back to again and again: 

1. I like my kitchen to be whimsical, fun, cherry, vintage, festive for any holiday. 

So in my kitchen I have been playing with a lot of ironstone lately that I've been finding in antique shops and thrifting. Here is a peek at a few places in our kitchen. I do have to explain why the photos are so grainy. I took them when the sun was almost gone and I didn't like the way it all looked with our lights on, so I cranked up the ISO and so they are really grainy - but you get the idea. 

Scott built me this little shelf when I asked him (in like 30 minutes, painted and all, for scraps of wood we had around) 

I love it so much! 


Right now I've got the tea kettle right next to it which slides out easy peasy with that crochet doily underneath it. I got it at Susan Branches website a few years ago. 

The pitcher were all found thrifting, as were the green glass dessert dishes. I love the ironstone heart dishes too! And that platter so pretty. But my favorite by far is that new little ironstone creamer with the blue flower on it! Love it so much! 


Here is another little corner in our kitchen:

This little stool so cute for little vignettes! More ironstone and a few books. That little winter banner is the only "winter" decoration I have up this year. I just wanted plain this year. 

The little pie is actually a candle! I love that it sits in a little tin pan. 



It's hard to pick my favorite in this little vignette. Perhaps that ironstone pink vase - squealed when I found it for $1! And it's perfect for the next holiday coming. Tiny bits of pink are starting to make their way into our home. But really it's a tie between that pink vase and the ironstone stack of plates. It's oh so hard to tell in the picture but they have such a pretty edge to them, not just round. I love them so much (I say that a lot!) 


I will take better pictures when I change this up soon! 

As I was saying... 

1. I like our kitchen to be whimsical, fun, cherry, vintage, festive for any holiday. 

2. I like our family room and living room to be traditional. 

I'm still working on those two rooms but will take pictures when they are done!

Hope you're having a lovely January. It's almost February! Wow!! 



 

1 comment:

  1. Loved seeing a little corner of your kitchen! It's lovely - so cozy and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete