Sunday, January 9, 2022

Christmas Day


Today was the first day back to school (written, Monday, January 3rd) so it feels a little strange to start posting Christmas Day but I must have these wonderful memories here forever. 

Christmas Eve snow is back here

Christmas Eve is here

And here we go for Christmas morning... 

We knew Abigail would be the first one up of course and I didn't want her sneaking down to see the magic before us so I thought to quickly leave her a little note outside her door. 


Anna was still sleeping but not for long! 


I am so grateful for this excitement on Christmas Morning! Look at that joy!!!!!!! 


The girls always stay upstairs until Scott and I get all of the twinkle lights on, the music just so, and I take pictures of just the way Santa left the living room. Magic, pure magic, still and always! 


Santa wrapped elegantly in brown paper and white satin ribbons. Their names were stamped in white ink. 



I love the look of the stockings on Christmas morning - all full and brimming. I do love the way the white box was peeking out the top. 


... and handprints from years ago. 



There must always be childhood on Christmas. 






This beautiful piece of art was painted my my Dad for our third married Christmas so many years ago. It is an oil painting and it will hang above my fireplace on Christmas forever and always. 




The girls big surprise gift this year was a "Smol Night Kit" Smol night is a silly name for a sister night that is every Saturday night in our home. This kit had so many fun things for them to be cozy, eat, play, and create with! 




Fireplace going, lights on, music in place, ready to go... 


Abigail picked out a favorite bow. 


Their first glimpse while Daddy and I are behind the tree capturing every moment. 





Stockings were first and so much fun! 





And then it was time for breakfast. I love to set a really pretty Christmas morning breakfast table. 

Oh this scene, I wait for it all year long. And look out that window... snow! 


I chose everything carefully and wanted it just so. The vintage Christmas teapot, the brass candlestick, the Woodland Christmas plates, and vintage linens all mixed together makes my heart sing. (and so does my latest vintage find, that vase... snapped it up at a discount store before anyone could see it) 



1938 copy of Home for Christmas, perfect for a table centerpiece because we are all home home gloriously home. 





We severed Denver Christmas casserole and Susan Branch tea cake. I should have taken a picture of the recipe in her Christmas book - it's such a pretty page, even prettier than the Tea cake is! 

I love having the same foods for holidays. Sometimes we mix it up for sure but there is something about this Christmas Casserole and the Tea Cake that is just 'Christmas' to us. 



Amazing Christmas tea too of course. 



I even captured that steam coming of the pour... 



I love the trying to get these natural moments of joy. 


After breakfast the first gift they wanted to open was their basket! So much fun and little surprises in there! 












We always go into the family room when we each give each other gifts. The girls love this best of allllll. 


I loved this peeking out from behind the family room tree. 


Anna received some really special gifts to remember her favorite class her first semester of college... C.S. Lewis. 


New warm jackets for both girls! 







A C.S. Lewis quote from her favorite book this semester. 



All the joy for American Girl! 



And this amazing art work from The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe (C.S. Lewis) that was matted and framed. 


Books, always books! 


And then in the late afternoon we headed to my parents house. 







And then once again night came and Christmas ended. But not before our hearts were full and memories tucked away. Oh how I loved this Christmas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment