Saturday, June 19, 2021

Up For Air

I haven't been on this space for a while and I have so much catching up to do. I so want to get my heart, feelings, emotions down so they are here for me to come back to. There are times I've gone back in my blog to read {really} old posts and have been surprised at how I felt. I know that feelings and emotions change quickly and having them here in my blog really makes me feel like I've "marked" a celebration, something we've done as a family, etc. 

Where have I been?

Well we are two parent working full time in education. Scott is a principal of a middle school and I am a fourth grade classroom teacher. We have just walked through a very challenging year to be in a school. And at times I thought it was just like any other year and that "I don't know what the fuss is all about... it's a regular year with masks". But it was far from that. There were children in my classroom (three) that experienced anxiety and trauma due to the past year and a half of this worldwide pandemic. I was teacher turned social worker, turned counselor, turned psychologist. There are no ways to really describe all that Scott has been through as a principal. He hasn't taken one {no, not even one} vacation day until today since the pandemic began in March 2020. Weekends, yes. But not one day off. Even today on his day off he was taking calls from police due to incidents in his school. 

We all also parents of two graduating daughters. Abigail graduated middle school and Anna, high school. That was busy and full and wonderful {all for other posts when I get a chance to wrap my mind around it}. 

But I can't wait to be here again. 

For now a quick photo I took of Anna a few days before graduation. Her high school graduation was spectacular. We loved every moment of it. What a honor to be a part of such a special event. 



2 comments:

  1. I don’t know how you two did it this year...teachers and principals really any school employee are one of the true heroes this year. As you said you were way more than teachers. I work with kids but not at the capacity you two do and it was heartbreaking to see how this year effected many of our students. It certainly effected Nicolas and we are still working through it.
    Miss you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the second comment but I had to say I love this picture of Anna! She looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete