Friday, January 1, 2021

Christmas Day

Well, to be honest the post on Christmas morning (back here) was basically our entire day. I just wanted to leave that post as just pictures and remember the rest in my heart. I do love lots of pictures because I can't possibly remember everything. 

We got up late on  Christmas morning and realllllly took our time. 

A glimpse at the room (my favorite part)

Stockings

A loooong breakfast around the kitchen table

Back to the living room for lots of presents opened one at a time

Opening family presents mid way

Finishing up presents from Santa

And then they talked and played and we relaxed in the messy living room 

Later, way later in the afternoon we showered, got dressed up (even though we stayed home), and started cooking. 

We had a lovely dinner with all of the yummy things. 

I set the table weeks before with my Christmas china and a pretty centerpiece. 


Carnalized walnuts - pears ripened to perfection - homemade cranberry vinaigrette - boston lettuce - so Christmassy... 



A special surprise in their glasses for a fun outside, safe outing later in the week. 

Candlelight



Homemade mashed potatoes - broccoli casserole - homemade rolls - and roast beef 


We got to see our families through Google Meets this year. It wasn't the same but it was still wonderful to see them. 

And then we spent the rest of the whole week between relaxing.
 
Our 'after dinner' evenings were my favorite part. 

In our family room 

Assorted desserts - sometimes a plate of our Christmas cookies, I also made other desserts (Anna's favorite was the vanilla éclair cake) 


She built toys with Daddy - Anna drew - I watched a Hallmark Christmas movie

We played games

It was the best



Every night I was sad it was getting closer to 'back to real life'. 

More to come sooooooon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment