Monday, January 25, 2021

Auditioning

Oh my, where have I left off? What is going on in our lives? I do so want to keep memories here - so bit by bit, as I can, I will get them here. 

Abigail is in 8th grade - next year high school! Oh my goodness! 

The auditions for the high school select orchestras are in January, always have been. 

Anna auditioned in 8th grade too!

Here is that post... Anna, the exact age Abigail is now... auditioning for the exact orchestra Anna did then!

Here is the post of when she got into high school Camarata. 

There have been a few times she hasn't gotten in. I wrote about it back here

And this was last January for Anna - she is now in Gioviani Solisti! Here is that post back here. 

And now it is time for Abigail to audition. 

Of course it won't be a 'live' audition due to Covid-19. Abigail will have to record her piece and submit it. {along with a beautiful little essay she wrote}

Anna helped her choose a piece that was 3 books ahead of where she is now. {Each book taking about 2 years of complete - at least} 

Anna really felt that this audition needed a more technical piece that her little sister wasn't on yet - but she thought she might be able to teach her it - all on her own. 

It was really hard work for Abigail to learn this piece but Anna was with her every step of the way. Every step. 

Here are a few pictures of them working together late into the night lately. 

I want to remember this - remember them like this - my heart is so full. 






No comments:

Post a Comment