Sunday, May 3, 2020

Sunday

Little things I want to remember:

This picture to me says "this is how you get into the college of your dreams". It was Saturday afternoon and she's studying. For SATs or maybe it's AP exams. Either way this girl is working so hard!

1

Late Saturday night I decided to make 2 pie crusts and then roll them up together with some cinnamon and sugar to make something yummy for our now weekly Sunday brunch.

2

Making a homemade piecrust took me some time (but it's my own love language) but putting them together didn't take any time at all! I slid them in the frig overnight. Ready to go!

3

I set my alarm for 5:15am Sunday morning. I'm a super morning person and my usual school wake up time is 4:55am but our times have been off since all of this stay home started. But honestly, I was really missing my very early mornings. I need them.

And now that the screened in porch is all set up and I knew it was going to be a warm Sunday I couldn't wait for tea and my first Bible time of the season outside. I wish I took a video of the beauty and the birdsong.

I must have tea, pray, and study the Bible before I interact with humans every morning - the consequences are dire if I don't

IMG_4207 (1)

This picture is such a true picture of a spring yard in CT. We are working on it every day but boy it takes time!

4

Hot tea in my Peter Rabbit cup, listening to the birds, watching the sunrise, and reading the Psalms.

5

We participated in Mass (online, live) and then of course our weekly brunch.

6

Abigail set the table. Anna made the tea. I took the cinnamon rolls out of the oven. Scott scrambled the eggs.

7

It's simple, really, but we make it pretty because brunch says Sunday, and it says luxury.

8

9

10

This tea is from Harney, called Indigo Punch - so so good - and look at that color!

11

And the work of the day began. Scott, Abigail worked on the yard and started painting the fence. It'll take us at least a few weeks but we did the hard part - got started!

12

While we painted and cut branches, and keep cleaning up winter, Anna was inside (much better for allergies) cleaning. I'd say we had a perfect situation.

13

Trimmed back this cherry tree and it's so lovely now.

14

Cut all these branches myself all afternoon. We are loving finally having the time to devote to our yard.

15

It was such a good, good weekend.



1 comment:

  1. Lovely family day, my friend.
    We are supposed to get snow soon!
    And sweet Abigail is looking like such a lovely young lady! : )

    ReplyDelete