Friday, March 1, 2019

Things and Thoughts Going On Right Now

I am typing on a Friday afternoon - Scott isn't home yet - Anna is doing homework - Abigail is on the floor right next to me, putting together a Calico Critter set she got when she left the hospital today - I love being home - and I love being home so so much with my girls - the sound of them just being there is Heaven to me - I know it won't always be this way - so I don't take it for granted - not one bit - especially the playing - I love love love it

We were in the hospital today for Abigail's endoscopy. It went well. We'll have to wait for the results until next week. - I really loved my whole day with her - when we got home we snuggled on the couch and watched the movie Wonder - I loved it and so did she - but I wonder how whole schools took their 5th graders to see that movie when it first came out? - There was social drinking (which is fine) and a high school boyfriend (which is fine) (both are fine but do I really think 5th graders need to watch that? nope) - and a Mom who was using alcohol to numb the pain of her divorce - Although the message of love and acceptance, and fierce love for your child was wonderful... I don't think it was appropriate for a whole school of 5th graders to attend without their parents. But I did cry at the end and also loved the message of great teachers and great schools - I really love teaching movies, especially now 

This weekend we are getting two big snow storms - funny because I'm in the middle of taking down all of our cozy winter decorations - my plan is to leave things kind of a clean, blank slate for a while and slowly think of how I'd like to use my blank palate for spring - too early for bunnies and chicks and lambs - but just some bright white -

Started spring cleaning this week - I have no idea how since I don't have the time - Here's what I do:
1. Pick a room - Abigail's was the worst so I started there
2. Take everything (not furniture) out of the room into the hallway
3. Clean and wash curtains
4. Sit with her (that's coming during the snowy morning tomorrow) and put things back one at a time - usually when she sees how lovely her room is when it's almost empty she only likes to put a few little things back and we pack up the rest to decorate with another time - and then we sit back and say ahhhhh with how lovely it is. Best feeling in the world! Then I move on to do the same thing in another room on another weekend. 

We've been eating so healthy lately - well, I'd say we really always have - but lately we've been filling our meals with bright vegetables and we've completely taken our all white flour and zero sugar - I feel so much more clear without white flour

Been feeling a bit out of balance lately with teaching - it's no joke teaching my 23 4th graders - it leaves me completely exhausted - so I sat today and made a list to bring back some balance - here's some of my list in not particular order
1. Mothering - spending quality time with my darling daughters
2. Being his wife - spending time with my favorite person on the planet
3. Teaching - it can feel overwhelming - there is so much I want to do - ideas swirl through my head and heart - I do my best with the time I'm given with them - but sometimes I feel like I fall short
4. Nurturing my Soul - with God, with my Bible, with my studying
5. Nurturing my Body - working out helps my mind oh so much
6. Nurturing my Mind - learning new things - reading in areas that I feel like God has called me to come up higher in
7. Teaching my Girls - there is so much lately on my heart to share with my girls - it sometimes takes my breath away that Anna will be leaving for college in 2.5 years.

And then I take a list like that to my prayer time and let the Holy Spirit speak to me - sometimes I find it take a few days sometimes right away - once I feel led - I make a plan - move the list (which has been rearranged and deepened and inspired by God) to my daily planner

I feel so much better when I do this. I believe that there is no such thing as keeping your priorities straight - I believe that we have to continually work on and rearrange our priorities. And I know that bringing my priorities to the Lord brings me such peace. He is the only one that knows just what I should be focusing on, what I should let go of. He is the only one that make those things happen through His grace.

Well that was a lot of thoughts - I hope I didn't bore you too much - Wishing you all a wonderful weekend whatever you are up to! 


1 comment:

  1. I have had such a difficult time commenting (especially from my phone) on blogs. Blogger is changing and I can't even comment on my own blog using my google account - until I figured out if I log into google chrome it will work. Ack!

    So here I am! I've been reading along, but haven't been able to comment.

    Lots going on for you and I had to chuckle over your snow storm / taking down your winter decor. We are currently experiencing our coldest temps of the year right now. What??? Our spring flowers are going to take a big hit, which makes me sad. It's always good catching up on your blog to see what's happening up there with your sweet family :) Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete