Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Christmas Eve ~ part 2 ~ the magic

Santa Claus.

There is no doubt that I love Santa Claus. When I think of Christmas from my childhood - when I think of Christmas now, all grown up with children of my own, I get that same feeling of warmth and magic when I think of him.

I am so grateful for wonderful memories of Christmas. When I was a little girl Santa's elves delivered a letter to my brothers and I right after Christmas Eve Mass. I have every single one. They are truly works of art and of love. I looked forward to those letters each and every year. I always wondered what would happen when they stopped - when I grew up - because it was the magic and love in them that was Christmas to me as a girl.

It is so wonderful for me to be able to see my girls with that same magic and love - and although they are growing up, when that letter arrives on Christmas Eve they get to feel all of that joy, love and wonder that Christmas is all about.

This year Santa Claus delivered a huge box with directions to follow. Included were 4 scripts, one for each of us to follow and read when it got to our part. And as you'll see (although the whole story is not recorded) we read a aloud a beautiful family story of a Christmas long ago. It was a gift to sit in my living room with my little family and watch the meaning of Christmas being read aloud.

We followed along with the book of illustrations - like none I'd ever seen - each a work of art and love.

Santa Claus, thank you for the letters each year, for loving my girls the way that you loved me as a girl. Thank you for keeping the magic of Christmas and love alive in my heart and for letting my girls know a piece of that magic too.



There is nothing - really nothing like being a child at Christmastime.

And then it was off to bed for those two (getting bigger) little girls of ours. Because Christmas morning was soon to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment