Monday, January 21, 2019

Christmas Eve ~ part 1

The Christmas season has my heart - so if it takes me until the 4th of July to blog the photos that symbolize this season I don't mind. All of our Christmas memories will get here (on this space called my blog) eventually. Life keeps going on around our home. There are more things happening that I'd love to blog - but I can't forget Christmas - so I go on.

We got out of school on the Friday before Christmas and it was lovely this year because we had a handful of days to enjoy before the actual big day! We did all of the Christmasy things. Like reading books by the fire, wearing all of our Christmas clothes, having our favorite Christmas music going all day long, relaxing, doing a bit of last minute wrapping, watching favorite Christmas movies, finally getting a chance to enjoy our Christmas home, staying up late. It was woooooonderful!

1

2

1

2

And then after all of that goodness it was Christmas Eve.

3

4

This little one of ours sang at Mass again and it filled our hearts. (on a side note, she hated this Boden dress that night - scratchy - but we had about 1,000 people come up to us at the end of Mass asking where we got it - that thing looked amazing up on the alter)

6

7

Listening to the homily (our beloved Pastor sitting on the aisle floor right in front of the children... how we love him so)

8

9

Here is a little clip from her singing that night.







When we got home we took a few quick family pictures in the living room before we all changed - not for a perfect family photo but to never forget that twinkle in their eyes (boy Abigail, you've really got a twinkle) and the excitement on our faces too!

15

16

and then it was time to head home, get those new Christmas nightgowns on and see if there was anymore magic on this special night... to be continued ~

3 comments:

  1. Your Christmas posts are my favorite posts! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Christmas Eve you had. I love your daughter's dress! Thanks for sharing. Great photos of a lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always my favorite, Tara!
    Because I know how much you love love love this time of year.
    And I MUST ADD, You are stunningly beautiful. : )

    ReplyDelete