Monday, October 8, 2018

September is for Apple Picking

Last weekend... just before September ended...

Just in time the weather got cooler. Apple picking is always that change of season activity that we love so much. Scott and I have gone apple picking since we were dating in high school.

I remember apple picking with Anna as a baby in the carrier. I remember Abigail just learning to walk in the apple orchards.

Each year is symbolizes the start to fall. The start to apple pies. The start to cozy.

I wonder sometimes what it will be like when the girls are off and it's back to just Scott and I.

Some things the girls will always be there for. But a September weekend... I'm sure that college will one day win out over this tradition, especially if they are not close by. Maybe that's why I love it so much. And no matter how busy we are I make sure it happens every year.

The traditions we love are:

the tractor ride out to the orchard

1

being up on daddy's shoulders

2

3

sampling

4

looking for just that right one

5

just being outside in the most beautiful weather all year

6

picture perfect... fall just hanging on a tree

7

too many pictures

8

a few with their mama

9

10

being together

11

12

talking and laughing and running

13

14

15

buying cider and donuts in the little store

16

17

and guess what I spotted on the way home...

18

it's happening! The leaves are changing and my heart is so so happy!

It's time for tights and loafers teaching. It's time for blankets on a Friday night. It's time for cozy nights and long dark weekend mornings. It's time for fall!



2 comments:

  1. I ADORE how you summed up this favorite season in your photos and in your words!
    Beautiful as ever!
    Miss you and think about you all up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! We go apple picking every year. I have gee. Going to the same area since I was young. I hop to go the weekend after next.

    ReplyDelete