Thursday, July 6, 2017

The Fabulous Fourth!

I remember 4th of July when I was a little girl. We spent the day at my grandparents. There was no happier place to be. Especially in the summer. They had a beautiful pool and my grandfather (the florist) was an avid flower gardener. There was so much food and swimming until dark. Fireworks and family. It was tradition and I loved it!
They are some of my sweetest childhood memories.

This year the 4th started the day before with these cousins!

4

It was so much fun to be with Scott's family!

On the 4th we started our day at the pool club.

They have special events for the 4th like this fun bounce house type slide into the pool! Abigail climbed right up...

9

10

... plugged her nose

11

... and down she went!

12

and again!

9

13

14

We ate lunch together!

5

6

7

8

And then we headed to my brother and sister in laws house for a picnic and fun!

15

These two are super close.

16

Oh I love them allllll!

17

and red, white, and blue!

18

My brother got a family kickball game started and it was so much fun to watch! Here's Scott explaining to Abigail how to play.

19

20

21

Love this natural look on Anna's face as she's watching.

22

23

And Scott and I are STILL talking about how cute Abigail is when she runs.

24

25

27

Always together, these two, all day. When Kye was afraid of the fireworks later that night, Anna sat inside the house with him as they watched through the glass doors.

28

I love her so much!

29

Time to eat!

30

31

32

33

My Dad asked for a grandparents picture and really, my favorite ones are the outtakes, the getting it all set up ones.

34

35

36

37

My mom is starting some scary health procedures today. If you could add her to your prayers, that would be much appreciated.

38

39

Getting ready for the fireworks!

40

41

Dessert!

42

43

Our evening ended with fireworks and looking for lost red sandals in the grass (in the dark), and tired parents, and a really late bedtime. All the things that me the 4th so much fun! I wouldn't have it any other way.

It was one of those bottle it up 4ths that make me want to hold on to it forever. Until next year! Oh how I love summer!

26

2 comments:

  1. Love love Love Love this!
    And yes Tara...will be praying for your beautiful Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures.....especially the one of Scott explaining to Abigail how to play kickball.
    Your dessert table looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete