Thursday, June 22, 2017

Around our House

8

When summer was approaching I made a list of things in our house that needed some attention. Closets too stuffed, clothes to go through, things like that. And then when the girls had their last day on Monday I put that list aside and decided that being with them and making memories was the most important thing in the summer.

I love day trips with them. I love vacation too of course. But I love days at home that just happen. Long hours of reading. Lots of good food and the feeling of summer. We cleaned up a bit of our book piles on that first day of summer so that they are ready to go.

I cleaned up my recipes cabinet too. I love reading cookbooks and planning good food for my family to eat.

Here's a bit of what has been in our house the past few days.

1

Lots of fresh ingredients. Lots and lots of leafy greens. And the crockpot is so great in the summer. Set it and enjoy the rest of the day.

4

I love sweet potatoes roasted in the oven but I love them in crockpot in the summer.

5

Blueberries and strawberries these days... practically free. Buy one, get two free!

6


2

I eat a lot of green and drink a ton of green lately. More on my health and my journey with food when I get the chance (or the courage)

3

7

1

Reading and tea, the perfect mix.  Yes, I drink tea in the summer.

2

I'm reading the new Steven Curtis Chapman book.  I read Mary Beth Chapmans' book "Choosing to See" and loved it.  Scott and I have seen Steven Curtis Chapman in concert many many many times over the years.  And his story of adoption certainly played a part in our lives.  We are involved in his ministry, "Show Hope" and was so excited when he wrote this book !

Joyce Meyer, always reading one of hers.

And the recipes in Susan Branches Girlfriends book look so good.  I'm making a list!

3

Anna's books this week.  She wants to relax and be little again I think.  Sounds good to me!

4

and her knitting not too far away... it's summer!

5

Abigail's reading...

6

Yes, it's going to be a wonderful summer.  With food and books all set, we are ready!!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree!! I lovd my crockpot in the summer!!! Out all day having fun in the sun & than walking into your nice air conditioned home with the aroma of a homecooked meal that IS prepared!! I drink tea year round as well! I'm not sure what is ailing you but I have been making some changes in my diet & lots of green, fruit & veggie smoothies. I've had some issues with my heart, and I just haven't felt great for a while. Low energy & gut issues, "brain fog" if ya know what I mean, heart palpitations, etc.. anyways i'll pray for you! I like to cook & eat and change is so hard for me, especially when it comes to ones diet! I'm sure you struggle with Abbigal's diet needs. Summer is here & i've been trying to make an effort & I do feel better depending on my diet and what I am eating. I really need to be more disaplinned with myself! When you feel like sharing, i'll be here! I always feel encouraged & motivated by your posts! Well summer is here!! Yay!
    Blessings,
    Lisa (hotcoffee4lisa)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin Henkes has chapter books?!! Brooklyn will be so happy, she loved all of his mice books. I always find great books for my girls over here :) I've been making green smoothies daily for the past two months and they have made such an amazing difference in just my energy level and not to mention I don't crave sugary sweets as much as I used to!!

    ReplyDelete