Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Our House ~ January

23

This is kind of a funny post to me because all of January our house felt torn apart.  I know it wasn't totally but it sure felt that way.

Although the stove came at the end of December, all of January was about the new kitchen... and it sure left a mess every which way.  (and every day)  There was no doubt about it a kitchen project takes over the house.  But we are almost done and I am grateful for all of the upgrades.  I'll post soon.

So these pictures make me laugh because it makes it look like was a calm and cozy month.  It wasn't.  Work teaching, "running the show" as I call it all afternoon and evening took everything out of me.  The kitchen took everything out of Scott.  Although we had people do a majority of the work he couldn't do himself there was a bunch he did take on himself.  None of which we had time for.  It will be worth it was my mantra through this month.

Here is some cozy among the chaos.

1

A cozy mantle in the viola room.

2

Winter was rather warm here in Connecticut. And we're still waiting for a huge storm. But I had snow on my mantle.

3

22

25

28

29

Books with ribbons are the sweetest of all.

26

27

We kept the teepee just where Santa had set it up on Christmas Eve.

adding on 7

adding on 8

My kitchen tea table got a refresher at the beginning of the month.

4

Such a happy spot in my house.

6

This hand painted rose table has a little story to it. Waaaay back when I was only married for a year or two I finished my masters degree and my Mom gave me a gift card. I knew JUST what I wanted with that gift card... I drove to a store called 'Favorite Things' and got this table I'd seen in the store for years. I remember trying to fit it in my little car back then. And I've loved it every since. It's always been a tea table.

5

Both cups from Anna.

7

Little bird and Hogben pottery from England. I only have two little pieces but adore them.

8

9

10

11

12

Snowflakes in the window (can you see my lit up bird feeder through there?)

13

14

Just days before the tear down.

15

16

17

18

The mantle in our family room was fun to do... After all that red and green and vintage books I chose a light look with milk glass from my grandmother. (and see that little sweet bird)

19

and wooden floral hearts.

21

The painting my dad did and I love the winter scene with the little bird.

20

adding on 1

adding on 2

adding on 3

adding on 4

adding on 5

adding on 6

Chinese New Year touches in the girls rooms.

30

31

32

It sure was a full month filled with all good things.  I'm looking forward all the hearts that come out soon soon soon!

24










3 comments:

  1. Your home looks so cozy for winter! Love the snowflakes in your kitchen window. Speaking of your kitchen I can't wait to see it!! I keep waiting for a picture!
    I like how you have your calendar in a decorative frame...it makes it even more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so cozy! I'd love to share a cup of tea with you over there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all.
    I see all the Tara Touches!
    It is so cozy and so clean!!!!
    Cannot wait for the reveal!!!!
    We are having crazy snow here!
    I'll send it your way!!!!

    ReplyDelete