Friday, September 16, 2016

Having Fun

Our school week is really full.  Really really full.  I'm up at 4:30am and go til I fall asleep at night.  I run a tight ship around here and love my sweet life.

But Hawaii reminded me that we can have fun as a family.  Sure, simple dinners around our kitchen table on a weeknight can have us in a fit of laughter.  We enjoy our time together all the time but for sure even on weekends we weren't making enough effort to DO something fun together.  I credit Hawaii for that.

So last weekend I left my camera at home and captured us doing something fun for a day.

*** Anna takes Horseback (see post back here) once a week and we drive by a mini golf place on our way.  Well, one day, Abigail looks out the window and says (because it looks cool) "what's that?"  I answered her as if she should know what I was talking about.  "it's mini golf".

And then for the shocker, "what's mini golf"

I know!  I was shocked too!

So that weekend we all went mini golfing.  ****

1

Daddy had to teach her what mini golf was all about.

3

But once she got the hang of it she was really really good

4

We took our time and enjoyed the sunshine {and laughed alone with her when Anna's ball went for a swim in the river}

5

6

8

9

And we ended up finding a really pretty picnic spot.

10

12

Yes, it was a lovely day and here's to Friday and having more FUN! Wishing you all a wonderful weekend doing whatever makes you happy!




1 comment:

  1. We have not gone mini golfing in years..Isabella may have been in early middle school the last time we went. I think we need to go again. I too am really trying to do "fun" out of the ordinary stuff on the weekends. Love Anna's outfit.

    ReplyDelete