Saturday, January 10, 2015

Saturday...the day we get ready for Sunday

Today was just what I needed.  Just what I needed.  If felt like vacation.  And for those of you who know me vacation is being in my home.  All day.  And none of us going anywhere. 

I decided that we're going to try as a family to have one full day at home on the weekend.  We'll jam pack the other day if there is already something on the calendar that day.  But I need, we need to have one whole day home. 

It makes me feel grounded.  And happy.  And whole.  And whether I choose to do what we did this day or just do nothing it's being home with all of us that matters. 

Oh how I loved that the garage door didn't open.  Once.  At all.  Scott wanted to run to the home store to pick something up and I begged him to go in between the places we're going tomorrow.  And he said he'd wait... oh I love him! 

So I made bread bowls and filled them with steaming broccoli cheddar soup and we all ate too many delicious calories at dinner tonight.

20

And we all worked super hard in the girls rooms organizing and cleaning after the Christmas holiday.  There rooms went from this (which I love at Christmas time... piles of presents still out)

4
to this or this back here. 

We played games and we played in the snow. 

10

11

12

13

15

16

17

It was gloriously wonderful. 

18

19

But tomorrow will be too.  It's a full day; but I can do it because I had today. And I LOVE Sunday. I love dressing up.  I love the girls dressed up.  I love Scott dressed up.  I love teaching religious ed.  I love church.  I love Sunday!

And guess what?  Another one... just like this... comes next weekend. 

I love January and it's cozy, at home~ness, don't you? 

3

5

6

7

8

9

21

4 comments:

  1. You know I love this, right?!?
    We are snuggled on the couch watching a movie.
    And we wish you were here.
    And when you do come back... Will you make the broccoli cheese soup for us? Pretty please?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes a day at home is the best. We have having one today and it is wonderful. I do need to leave tonight after dinner though. :(
    We love soup in bread bowls here as well. Your soup looks wonderful...maybe you can send me your recipe?
    You living room is beautiful.
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I can't schedule them since my kids are bigger, so schedule and take them while you can!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really needed this today,
    and i really need more of those days!
    really.
    sometimes i feel like all i do is rush around on the weekends!
    ugh!!!!!
    i'm gonna try and make that a goal this year. help me.....???:)
    have a happy day tara

    ReplyDelete