Monday, January 12, 2015

Dinners

8

Sometimes just when I can't take it anymore I put my foot down and DECIDE to like making my family dinner.  I don't know why it 'gets to me'.  Once in a while a thought will go through my mind like, "really?  again?  tonight?"  Which is crazy since we have to eat every night.  Sometimes what gets me over the hump is getting out a cookbook I haven't used in a while.  A seasonal one always helps me feel happy about cooking again. (Susan Branch cookbooks are my all time favorite for falling in love with the idea of cooking for my family, making my home cozy, and my kitchen feel good) 

6

7

Or taking pictures of the food we eat.  Here is Monday through Friday of last week.  We are not a 'take out' family.  Can't be with EoE.  But that's okay too.  We save money and it tastes better.  And the oven warms the kitchen.

And all of us around the table on a cold, dark, winters night; that warms my heart.

Chicken pot pie... heavenly on a Monday night

1

Mama's parm chicken bake.

2

A new salad dressing I love... made with honey!

3

Baking makes me feel complete.

4

5

9

10

3 comments:

  1. I have a hard time with dinner as well. Some afternoons are harder for me to get motivated than others. I am not much of a meat eater and my family is so that makes it hard and a lot of times I just run out of ideas.
    You dinners look wonderful. I think we should start a recipe swap or an afternoon text to encourage one another or pass on ideas...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh...family dinner.
    My fave.
    And still eyeing up that broccoli soup! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks absolutely scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete