Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve in our house consists of six things ~ 

Final cooking of the soups (I make four different soups the day before and the morning of Christmas Eve for our big family dinner)

Going to Mass

Hosting dinner at our house

Sprinkling Reindeer food as the grandparents leave

Getting in those Christmas nightgowns

Hoping (and receiving this year) a letter from Santa (that post on another day)

1

Boy... sure looks serious for doing little girl hair... but getting to Mass and getting your 'regular' seat sure is serious business on Christmas Eve

2

3

4

5

6

I'm happy when I find a way to capture a moment like a love for books

7

I display photos of Christmas pasts throughout the house.

8

The star of Christmas this year... this beautiful teapot... a gift from a friend.

9

11

12

13

14

15

16

What other tea could we serve?  & it's a lovely red color too!

17

18

19

20

21

Christmas happiness... captured!

22

And this year the girls surprised us with a lovely concert of Christmas songs.

23

I stood there trying to find a way to lock away the feeling forever.

24



Rainy Christmas Eve... where's the snow for Santa?

25

26

Final Christmas Eve exhaustion... but there was more that night... posting tomorrow!

27

2 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas Eve.
    Simply love.
    I appreciate the effort and time and love you put into making it so special. Your photos are amazing.
    I felt as if I were there. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures of your Christmas Eve! It is such a magical night. I also had a few moments from that night I want to remember forever.
    I also love getting a peak I to your home.

    ReplyDelete