Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Anna's Friendship Tea

Music

1

9

7

I love these girls... Anna's friends.  Really, I do.  Anna struggled with such an extreme case of being shy in elementary school.  She often played alone at recess.  She wasn't ever sad about it; it just 'was'.  I prayed and prayed that God would send a sweet friend into her life at school.  Yes, she has the most special friend from church, and another that was in her orphanage in China.  But never a school friend.  So when she started talking about these girls last year in third grade, I threw a Valentine Friendship Party. 

And I just had to do it again this year. 

They are oh so sweet and they make Anna happy.  I was at the sink 'minding my own business' and praying the whole time, "thank you God for answering this prayer.  I thank you for sending these girls into Anna's life.  And thank you by the way that they 'just happen to be' Asian."  Oh how grateful I am. 

They painted heart ornaments and frames. 

2

4

5

6

I took their picture together so that they'd have them for their rooms at home. 

11

We had a tea party with scones,

treats

14

15

12

8

and these yummy chocolate heart treats. (oh so easy)

blog lolipop on plate

It was a wonderful afternoon.  I really love this time of year... maybe even more than Christmas! 

17

3

And more than anything I love this girl!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Tara...I bet those girls had a wonderful time! What a special afternoon for a young lady and her friends. Everything looked perfect. I love the snowflakes in the windows. And do my eyes deceive me, or do we have much more snow than you do?!

    ReplyDelete