Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Night Before Kindergarten

abigail 1

Dear Abigail,

Tonight is one exciting night. Mommy and Daddy are so happy for you as you start this amazing journey called school. You are ready. You are ready for fun, you are ready for learning, you are ready for friends, you are ready to share your sweet smile with everyone you meet. You will love school, I just know it. And I am happy. But I'll miss you. I'll miss baking with you. I'll miss reading to you. I'll miss cuddling with you. I'll miss playing with you. The house and my day just won't be the same without you here by my side every minute.

I asked you tonight what mommy should do while you're at school all day. And you said, "I think you should read a book. And do some cleaning. And do some cooking." I promise to get everything I need to get done while you're at school so we can play together when you get home.

I'll be counting the hours until I can see you and feel your hugs again. Enjoy your day sweet girl. I'm so happy for you, and I can't wait to hear all about it.

Love, mommy

PS~ remember to not eat anything that has peanuts, tree nuts, soy, fish, milk, cheese or any dairy in it. Just stick with what mommy sends in, okay? :) I sure do love you!

2 comments:

  1. oh goodness..here she goes...!!!
    i wish aubrey and i could come over and take you out to panera this morning:) she'll do great, but you already know that right?! and so will you.
    can't wait to hear how it all went.
    have a happy day tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you today Tara, and your little on her big day! Have a cup of coffee and even a little cry...Once you get into a routine, you will be surprised how quickly the day goes. Then you pick them up and you start the day all over again with snacks and talks and homework and baths!

    ReplyDelete